AT HOME WORKOUT GUIDE
Weighted ball (8, 12, 15 0r 20lbs)
26 lb Kettlebell (KB)/25 lb Dumbbell (DB) (total body)
10/15/25lb DB (upper body workouts)
5 or 10lb Ankle weights
Green resistance band
10/15/25 lb plate
Monkey bars/pull-up bar
Since everyone has differing “at home” equipment, I designed several different workouts so that you can choose which ones you are able to do.
DAY 1 & DAY 4 LEGS: (SELECT 5 of the Following
workouts to do)
1) Kettlebell/DB Squats - Using the weight of your choice, in normal squat stance, hold weight at chest level, and squat at or below parallel if you are able and then squeeze glutes at the top of the squat. Go slow, controlled. 4x25
2) DB/Kettlebell Thrusters – Using the weight of your choice, with DB in each hand in a shoulder press position, squat down and then back up, pressing weights overhead at the top of standing postion 4x25
3) Squat Holds – Using body weight, DB over each shoulder at the bottom of a shoulder press position, or barbell on back, go into a full parallel squat and attempt to hold for 1 minute each – repeat 4-5 times with 1-2 minute rest in between.
4) Single-legged dumbbell straight-legged deadlifts – An advanced single-legged movement for advanced lifters targeting hamstrings & glutes
5) Sumo Squats/Plie squats – Using the weight of your choice, in squat stance, (plate or kettlebell held at chest level or dumbbells can go across each shoulder as you hold them to stabilize) 4x25, slow, controlled, squeeze glutes. 4x25
6) Step-ups – using DB in each hand, or KB in both hands, step up on box or stable bench. Do 12-15 reps each leg for 3-4 sets
7) Wall Balls - outside (in a basement that is 16 feet or higher, or outside against a wall or in garage) Squat with exercise ball and through up 15 feet and catch and lower into squat. Repeat. 4x20
8) Med ball squats – holding weighted medicine ball in hand, squat down and back up. 4x15-20 reps.
9) Leg Lifts with ankle weights, start in plank position, and keeping foot flexed, kick the heel up above the flat back and pulse it up, the more slow and controlled the better, hold the last rep for 5 seconds or until it burns.
10) Standing side leg lifts - Standing upright, hold onto wall with Left hand to stabilize, ankle weight on right leg, abduct leg away from body raising it sideways for 15-20 reps, then alternate to other leg. 4 sets.
11) Side steps with resistance band – With green resistance band on above knees, in
standard squat stance, back flat, step to right side x5, then left side x5 for 5 rounds.
12) Back squats 4x25 wide stance
13) Back squats 4x20 narrow stance (may use bench under butt to touch and go.
14) Alternating forward stationary lunges or walking lunges 4x12 each side (may do
stationary or walking)If you have dumbells, hold DB on shoulders: back squats, 4x25 plié squats, 4x25
15) Hip thrusters with weight on lap, (GLUTE WORKOUT - FEMALES ONLY) (laying on your back on yoga matt or on the ground with your upper back against a bench) place the weight (DB, Plate or Barbell) of your choice across your lap evenly. Raise your core upwards with glutes/hams. Do not raise the weight with your low back/arms. Try to focus on just squeezing the glutes upward. Keep the movement slow, controlled and squeeze long at the top. On the last several reps, pulse it up for 3-5 times and pause until failure. 4x15.
PLATES: (10/15/25lb plate)
16) Driver Squats – Hold the plate out like steering wheel, and feet together, squat up an down, pulse at bottom x3 and come back up for 1 rep. 4x15
17) Side leg lifts with Plate (standing with your left side next to a supportive wall, use the plate or DB in the right hand at your hip side and raise your right leg as high as you can, slow and controlled. You should feel the weight in the leg and side glute). Do 4 sets of 12 each side.
18) Forward/Side/Back lunges – 4x12 each leg. Holding one plate directly overhead with both arms extended, may do forward, back or side lunges keeping core tight and weight overhead.
19) Box jumps – 4x15 – standing close to box, jump up onto box, swing arms to generate momentum, try to land on both feet simultaneously soft knees, may squat down and then
stand up, then jump back down.
20) Step-ups – alternating legs, step up and back down 4x15 each leg, 3-4 sets. May add kettlebell in both hands, barbell across shoulders or DB in each hand to add weight.
DAY 2 – SHOULDERS (do 4-5 of these workouts)
1) “Around the World” – Starting with Palms up and DBs together chest level, move DB in a half circle to meet the other DB overhead (while turning palms down) 3x15
2) “Arnold Press” – Using DB at shoulder level to start a shoulder press overhead, turn wrists simultaneously while pressing overhead. (Palms start facing away at shoulders and palms face away at top of press.) 3x15
3) Lateral shoulder Raises – Start with DB on either side of body, and in squat stance, normal stance, or seated, Raise DB to shoulder height or slightly above. 3x15
4) 45 Degree Shoulder Raises – Do same as above except raise 45 degrees out (so between side and front position. KIK me or See Video for example on form. 3x15
5) Front Shoulder Raises – Same as both lifts above except raise DB directly in front. Pause at the top and hold last rep until it burns. 3x15
6) Standing shoulder press – using DB or barbell, press weight overhead, extend
arms and lower weight back to shoulders. 4x12-15
DAY 3 – REST DAY – OR CARDIO ONLY
DAY 4 – LEG DAY AGAIN (REFER TO TOP)
DAY 5 – BACK & ABS
ABS (Select 3 of following workouts)
DB/KB/MEDICINE BALL/BODY WEIGHT
1) Weighted V-Ups (Using abmat, and weighted exercise ball, start laying on back, arms overhead and legs straight, feet together. Raise ball above head, keep back flat on ground while simultaneously lift legs to meet ball in middle overhead and lower both feet and arms back down controlled. Bringing the legs and arms together created the “V shape.” 4x15
2) Oblique with weight – Sitting on your butt, keeping back about 45 degrees off the ground, (flat back, tighten core), move the weight (ball, DB or plate) from the left side touching the ground and then alternate touching the right side of the ground. 4x20 (10 each side)
3) Planks – Start in a plank position (back flat, parallel to ground, keep core tight, do not raise butt above your back) – Set timer and try and remain in the plank position for as long as possible. Stop the clock when you break plank form. Get back up and finish the minutes. Repeat for 4 rounds (4 total minutes)
4) Flutter Kicks – Start laying on back with ab mat or yoga mat with your arms under the small of your back. Keep legs straight and toes pointed. “Flutter legs” alternating them up and down. Use the timer for this as well. Do 4 rounds of 1 minute each.
PULL-UP BAR/MONKEY BAR
5) Hanging Leg Raises While hanging from the bar, Raise legs either with knees bent or straight (for increased challenge). For advanced form and challenge, you may add DB between feet while pulling up with bent knees. 4x12 (May use green exercise band wrapped around bar and step into it for assisted pull ups as done in crossfit).
6) Back extensions on ball with weight (Start laying on your stomach on the exercise ball. You can lower upper body as low as you can while keeping core centered on ball. May add weight holding at chest as you raise your upper body in line with core (should feel the back muscles contract). 4x12
BACK – select 4-5 workouts for back
1) Back Row with DB 4x15
2) Pull-Overs (Start laying on flat bench or exercise ball and extend arms overhead. Keeping core tight, Raise weight from above head, yet below the bench. Keep arms straight and bring weight to above the stomach and then lower it back to starting position. Keep back flat and head neutral. 4x15
3) Bent-over DB rows – kneeling on bench with opposite knee to arm being rowed. 3-4 sets of 12-15
4) Bent-over barbell rows
5) T-bar rows – placing one end of the barbell in a tight, secure, cement corner or garage/basement/outside corner, stand over bar with barbell between legs. Carefully raise bar keeping back flat and core tight. Do not yank bar and be mindful bar can hit genitals if you aren’t rowing slow and controlled. 3-4 sets of 12
6) DB straight leg deadlifts (keeping back flat, legs straight, keep arms extended to raise bar, but use hamstrings, legs, glutes to raise and lower the bar. Try to squeeze glutes at the top, do not round out back, chest up. Slow and controlled.)
DAY 6 – REST DAY OR CARDIO ONLY
DAY 7 – CARDIO OR BODY CIRCUITS
BODY CIRCUIT OPTIONS: Do each
of the following workouts in quick succession. Rest for 3 min in between
rounds. You may do this instead of a HIIT session any day.
OPTION 1 - Do 4 ROUNDS OF:
Jumprope for 1 min
Thrusters (start standing, holding weigh of your choice, squat down and then press the weight overhead) x 20
Speed Skaters 25 each side
Alternating High Knees 20 (10 each side)
Alternating stationary lunges (use DB in each hand) – 30 (15 each side)
OPTION 2 - Do 4 ROUNDS of:
Jump Squats - Starting in a squat position, holding the weight of your choice, explode upward and repeat. 12 reps.
Speed skaters – This is where you kind of glide and touch down, side to side, no weight needed. KIK me or see Video for details. 20 reps (10 each side)
Pushups – self-explanatory. 12-15
Prisoner lunges (no weight needed). Step out into a forward lunge and alternate feet with hands behind your head like a “prisoner.” 24 reps (12 each side)
Ab crunches (Do as many as you can in 1 minute).